Current opening Studio Manager
Do not apply unless you are in, or willing to relocate to the Charlotte, NC area. This is not an off-site position. We are not looking to outsource or freelance this position.Apply Here
No recruiters please.
UNION is a digital agency that partners with ambitious and progressively-minded clients to deliver powerful digital brand experiences. Our work – whether it’s a musician’s energetic website, playful touch-screen kiosk, edgy corporate microsite campaign or other digital platform – always combines big-idea creative, award-winning design and leading-edge technology built around a solid, strategic foundation.
We’ve built a collaborative, open, creative studio environment over the past decade and are seeking a Studio Manager to join our team. Candidates should have 1+ years of experience and should be a self-starter, super organized with killer communications skills and able to juggle many tasks and take direction well. Candidates should be authorized to work in the U.S. at this time.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing general administrative support for the studio
- Providing general administrative support for the company owners
- Utilizing a multi-line phone system to answer incoming phone calls and routing calls and messages. Assessing urgency of calls, and referring non-routine, sensitive and/or complex requests for information and other inquiries to appropriate team member
- Greeting visitors, vendors, mail carriers and delivery personnel in a prompt, friendly manner
- Scheduling meetings, conference calls and/or conference rooms
- Placing and distribute lunch orders for client and team meetings
- Coordinating logistics for team meetings and events
- Monitoring and maintaining office supplies, snack and beverage inventory
- Managing any studio maintenance requests for the property management company (light bulb changes, HVAC updates, cleaning services needs, game day parking communication, etc…)
- Managing any ordering and/or service needs for office equipment (printer, internet, phones, computers, hardware and equipment
- Managing logistics for Culture Club (social events, agency huddles, community service activities, making sure clients, guests and new hires feel welcome
- Keeping the common areas in the studio tidy for the team, clients and visitors
What we’re looking for:
- Possesses a high degree of tenacity, patience and tact
- Compassionate and friendly with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as within a team
- Ability to quickly resolve issues as they arise
- Meticulous attention to details and overall quality of deliverables
- Team player (particularly those people who we enjoy working with so much that we’d also totally be up for hanging out with you gasp outside the office)
- Experience with Google Mail, Google Calendar, Google Sheets and Docs and Dropbox is a plus
Reasons to work here
A Tight-Knit Team
We are a close group of talented people who enjoy working and playing together.
Each client engagement at UNION offers the opportunity to create something amazing.
Coffee, Tea & Snacks
Caffeine and sugar are plentiful at UNION. Come feed your addiction.
We love beer and Charlotte has a great craft brew community that we enjoy supporting.
Each month we take a day off to go do something together as a team - outside of the office.
We believe in being good citizens and looks for ways to give back to our community.
Paid Time Off
Believe it or not, we sometimes enjoy time away from the office.
UNION has a profit sharing program that give incentive to everyone on the team to help build a great agency.
UNION offers a high-quality group healthcare plan for all of its team members and their family.
UNION Made Projects
In addition to client work, we produce our own self-initiated digital projects.
The digital space moves fast. Keeping our team on the cutting-edge in something we focus on.
Top of the Line Tools
UNION invests in the right tools to enable our team to do their best work.
Learn more about our culture.
With a population of more than 1.8 million, Charlotte is one of the fastest-growing cities in the country. Charlotte’s cost of living is 94% of the national average (lower than all but seven other major U.S. cities) and a big reason why so many young professionals are moving to Charlotte. Best of all is Charlotte’s weather, with four distinct seasons. Extremely cold conditions are very rare.
Charlotte offers all of the advantages and amenities of any major city. Charlotte has a thriving arts community including symphony, dance, theater, opera, art museums and a wide range of other venues. A large number of arts venues are located downtown within walking distance of each other and Charlotte’s light rail line. If you are a sports fan, Charlotte has it all: NFL, NBA, NASCAR, PGA, MLL, AAA baseball and an NHL affiliate. Outdoor recreation opportunities are plentiful in Charlotte: canoeing and kayaking at the U.S. National Whitewater Center; boating and fishing on Lake Norman, Mountain Island Lake and Lake Wylie; skiing in the Appalachian mountains; and camping, horseback riding, hiking and more. The mountains are a short two-hour drive away, while some of the best Atlantic coast beaches can be reached in only three hours.