Current opening Copywriter
Send us your PDF resume and salary requirements with Copywriter in the subject line. Do not apply unless you are in, or willing to relocate to the Charlotte, NC area. This is not an off-site position. We are not looking to outsource or freelance this position.Apply Here
No recruiters please.
Currently, we are looking for a Copywriter with proven experience in the creation of both short-form and long-form digital content, including blogs, whitepapers, ad copy, product listings, website copy, script writing, email and social media. This person will be responsbile for the creation of branded content for multiple clients on a variety of platforms, often working directly with the client from inception to completion of approved assets. We are seeking candidates with 2+ years of industry experience, who have a track record of creating quality branded content driven by strategy and elevated by creativity.
Core responsibilities of this position will include:
- Collaborate with the team to develop branded content
- Pitch, write and edit targeted, on-brand digital marketing content
- Help create detailed plans for content creation to target key customer segments including editorial calendars, topic generation and messaging themes
- Social community management (where applicable)
- Meeting and exceeding client expectations
The qualities we like:
- A passion for your craft
- Strong conceptual ability (the big-idea part of big-idea creative)
- Keen understanding of how the digital medium is consumed by the general population
- Up-to-date knowledge of current digital marketing trends
- Ability to generate and write intelligent, inspirational copy
- Self-motivated people with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Meticulous attention to detail and overall product quality
- Ability to develop creative copy that goes beyond digital tactics and ties in to emotive ideas that engage and move the audience
- Confidence in presenting work and ability to interact comfortably with the team and clients
- Ability to quickly resolve issues as they arise
- Ability to conceive and develop solutions individually as well as in a collaborative environment
- Commitment not to just fulfilling an assignment, but in adding value, pushing the boundaries and creating work that makes a difference
- Team player (particularly those people who we enjoy working with so much that we'd also totally be up for hanging out with you gasp outside of the office)
- Bonus points for active participation in the advertising / marketing / design community
- Candidates authorized to work in the U.S. at this time
Reasons to work here
A Tight-Knit Team
We are a close group of talented people who enjoy working and playing together.
Each client engagement at UNION offers the opportunity to create something amazing.
Coffee, Tea & Snacks
Caffeine and sugar are plentiful at UNION. Come feed your addiction.
We love beer and Charlotte has a great craft brew community that we enjoy supporting.
Each month we take a day off to go do something together as a team - outside of the office.
We believe in being good citizens and looks for ways to give back to our community.
Paid Time Off
Believe it or not, we sometimes enjoy time away from the office.
UNION has a profit sharing program that give incentive to everyone on the team to help build a great agency.
UNION offers a high-quality group healthcare plan for all of its team members and their family.
UNION Made Projects
In addition to client work, we produce our own self-initiated digital projects.
The digital space moves fast. Keeping our team on the cutting-edge in something we focus on.
Top of the Line Tools
UNION invests in the right tools to enable our team to do their best work.
Learn more about our culture.
With a population of more than 1.8 million, Charlotte is one of the fastest-growing cities in the country. Charlotte’s cost of living is 94% of the national average (lower than all but seven other major U.S. cities) and a big reason why so many young professionals are moving to Charlotte. Best of all is Charlotte’s weather, with four distinct seasons. Extremely cold conditions are very rare.
Charlotte offers all of the advantages and amenities of any major city. Charlotte has a thriving arts community including symphony, dance, theater, opera, art museums and a wide range of other venues. A large number of arts venues are located downtown within walking distance of each other and Charlotte’s light rail line. If you are a sports fan, Charlotte has it all: NFL, NBA, NASCAR, PGA, MLL, AAA baseball and an NHL affiliate. Outdoor recreation opportunities are plentiful in Charlotte: canoeing and kayaking at the U.S. National Whitewater Center; boating and fishing on Lake Norman, Mountain Island Lake and Lake Wylie; skiing in the Appalachian mountains; and camping, horseback riding, hiking and more. The mountains are a short two-hour drive away, while some of the best Atlantic coast beaches can be reached in only three hours.